Buccal DNA/RNA Stabilization Kits
Our DNA/RNA stabilization products are optimized for use with buccal swabs and preserve fully intact DNA or RNA prior to isolation.
- Instant room temperature stabilization
- Easy to use in field and clinical settings
- Prevents cross-contamination risks
- Maintains DNA/RNA integrity for improved yields and purity
Multiple Stabilization Options to Choose From
Stabilizes DNA for 3+ Years
For SK-1S Swabs
Stabilizes DNA for 3-6 Months
Pouch and Swab Included
Stabilizes DNA for 2+ Years
Prefilled Tubes or 25ml Bottle
Stabilizes Gut Microbiome DNA
For 2 Months at Room Temp.
Stabilizes RNA for 4 Weeks
For Flocked Swabs
For best results, samples should be stabilized during transit and storage if there is a delay greater than 1-2 days between collection and processing of samples. Our stabilization products are designed to maintain complete molecular biology integrity while preventing cross-contamination risks. Multiple options are available:
- Dri-Capsules - silica capsules compatible with SK-1S swabs that quickly and efficiently dry the swabs for instant stabilization. Dri-capsules stabilize DNA at room temperature for over 3 years. These capsules are sold in packs of 50 without swabs or in a kit with 50 SK-1S swabs.
- BuccalFix DNA Stabilization Buffer - this buffer stabilizes DNA for 2 years and RNA for 4 days at room temperature and is offered in bulk or pre-filled in various tube formats to suit both manual and automated applications.
- RapiDri Integrated DNA Swab Kit - pack of 200 swabs with stabilization pouches included. The special RapiDri pouches stabilize DNA for 3-6 months. RapiDri is an excellent alternative to longer-term stabilization at a lower cost.
- StoolFix Stabilization Buffer - buffer optimized for fecal microbiome DNA. The buffer is pre-filled in tubes for minimal sample handling. DNA is stabilized for 2+ months at room temperature.
With this selection of products, users can find the ideal stabilization method to preserve their samples.